Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Pre-War French Adrian Helmet

Article about: Hello everyone! I picked up this French Adrian helmet a short time ago. I was told it was a pre-ww2 design and could have been used as a firefighters helmet. Can anyone provide any additiona

Default Pre-War French Adrian Helmet

Hello everyone!

I picked up this French Adrian helmet a short time ago. I was told it was a pre-ww2 design and could have been used as a firefighters helmet. Can anyone provide any additional information?

I can't seem to find any markings on either the inside or outside of the helmet.

Thanks!

It came with this liner, but it's literally falling apart/ moldy.

Default Re: Pre-War French Adrian Helmet

French M26:

FRANCÉS 26

Cheers, Ade.

that is a good link adrian i like the french luftschutz helmet ,very unusual thanks
    james

?

I've read somewhere that the Germans preferred to use foreign (captured) helmets instead of their Luftschutz helmet because this last one provided less protection or was made out meterials from lesser quality than the foreign combat helmets (can't remember exactly). This is only the case for Luftschutz helmets and not German combat helmets.
    Pics: (need to be registered) Some captured Luftschutz helmets - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

For more information about the french M26 helmets check out this link (french): .: World War Helmets - Casque Adrian modèle 26 :.

I don't think that this one was used as a firefighters helmet. They usely change the badge and/or the color of the helmet when a combat helmet is used for civil usage.

Those links are incredibly useful! Thanks!

Does anyone know where I might be able to get a replacement liner for this helmet?

Hello ,

You can find liners on Ebay france but most often they came from eastern europe.

That said, the color of this m37 is not good as well as the chinstrap so I wonder if it wouldn't be best finding an other one.

(I say M37 as it is a M26 but with a m37 insigna)

Bruno