Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Ques Collection -- British 1941 Zuckerman

Article about: This one is a Zuckerman. The steel is stamped AMC 41 (Austin Motors Co. , Cowley 1941) and M (medium). The liner all looks original to the helmet including the attachment string and is made

Que
    ?

Default Ques Collection -- British 1941 Zuckerman

This one is a Zuckerman. The steel is stamped AMC 41 (Austin Motors Co. , Cowley 1941) and M (medium). The liner all looks original to the helmet including the attachment string and is made by Stamped B.H.W 1941 (cant find any info on that manufacture). My question here is about the Red Cross (medic) Logo painted on it. It makes sense but was this done? I have not seen any others like it. Another question is about the chin strap. This one looks to be whipped togeter with hand grenade pull rings , webbing and pins. Did these helmets not come with one? Did people have to buy it seperately? Is mine just missing? What the deal here?

Ques Collection -- British 1941 ZuckermanQues Collection -- British 1941 ZuckermanQues Collection -- British 1941 ZuckermanQues Collection -- British 1941 ZuckermanQues Collection -- British 1941 ZuckermanQues Collection -- British 1941 ZuckermanQues Collection -- British 1941 Zuckerman

They were never issued with a chinstrap!....

Most just have a boot lace as a chinstrap.

I have seen others with red cross's on them for medics, as part of the home front services.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.