Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Ques Collection -- Pith Helmet What is it

Article about: Can anybody tell me about this one? Im guessing British in North Africa? What is the unit flash?

Que
    ?

Default Ques Collection -- Pith Helmet What is it

Can anybody tell me about this one? Im guessing British in North Africa? What is the unit flash?

Ques Collection -- Pith Helmet What is itQues Collection -- Pith Helmet What is itQues Collection -- Pith Helmet What is itQues Collection -- Pith Helmet What is it

Try looking at British Crown Colonies - Brunei uses these colors. It would make sense since they were in the path of the Japanese and they had resources like oil. I believe their status was as a protectorate but they may have received British military aide. NH

Que
    ?

yeah Ive searched up and down the internet. I cant find a thing. this is my last resort, hoping someone in here knows.

Try looking at British activity in Southeast Asia including Brunei as I suggested. There has to be someone here who knows something about that part of WWII. I'm going to bet this is a tropical helmet from that area. NH

Flash is RASC, royal army service corps

RASC , photo from ebay
    Ques Collection -- Pith Helmet What is it

The British in N Africa and India, in particular for this example, used stocks of private purchase sun helmets. You can see it has acceptance stamps et cetera on it.

Love the label on it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.