MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Question: about british helmet

Article about: The helmet you are showing looks to be a newly repainted one with a new chin strap or possibly an unissued strap

?

Default Re: Question: about british helmet

The helmet you are showing looks to be a newly repainted one with a new chin strap or possibly an unissued strap

im really sorry about the bad photo, but it was the best i could do, because the guy says that its not allowed to take photos of any item, so i had to do it from the outside, right after that he removed the helmet from the shop window
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question: about british helmet  

?

Hi, It looks like it's had many coats of paint, probably done post war. The screw looks like a modern screw, which means the liner might not be original to the helmet, or maybe post war. I'd pass on it myself. Aaron.

I would agree with Aaron's advice.

Cheers, Ade.

Pretty sad shape, but there are many available out there.
    - Keep looking and you'll find a much better example!

Regards,

Steve.

is the paint grey? it looks like it could be a post war Civil Defense type helmet

I wouldnt buy it, especially because of the rude store owner, I wouldnt give him my business.

Keep in mind that there are also modern post war productions of MKII helmets that look quite like British but are in fact refurbished (new paint+ different chinstrap and brown or black liner without the common production stamp and size in inches).

Hi, for all those that remember the story about the shop where this welmet was, i went for anoher go at it, i took my time and waited for the the employee to leave and went inside and talked to owner of the shop himself, told him what happened before, as it turned out the owner doesnt have a problem with taking photos what so ever to the items. he said he was sorry about the employee´s bad manners and sold me the helmet for 7 euros.
    It had a fake liner and chinstrap that i removed. Now i have a helmet to go with my gasmask.
    Best regards
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question: about british helmet   Question: about british helmet  

Question: about british helmet  

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question: about british helmet   Question: about british helmet  

Hi Nuno,

This lid looks like a refurbished WW1 era MkI helmet. There should be some markings in the steel. Might be fun to know who is the manufacturer.
    cheers,
    Emile

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast