Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question: about british helmet

Article about: The helmet you are showing looks to be a newly repainted one with a new chin strap or possibly an unissued strap

Default Question: about british helmet

yesterday i found an old helmet that ww2 british on surplus store, but has got something iv never seen, has a screw on the top( outside) in order to secure the straps inside the shell, could it be a fake helmet? have you guys ever seen something like this?

ian
    ?

Default Re: Question: about british helmet

what you describe is correct for mk1 and mk2 war time helmets ,but pictures would help cheers ian

I agree, the screw in the top is to hold the liner in! I havent come across many fake British helmets to be honest, they arent hard to find

Quote by ian View Post
    what you describe is correct for mk1 and mk2 war time helmets ,but pictures would help cheers ian
    how many models were there for this helmet? i looked everywhere, i havent seen any markings in the interior, and the helmet itself looks very strange with that screw on top, i couldnt inspect more because the store employee was starting to get pissed at me.lol

Hi Nuno, this site will help you. It is in Spanish, but I think you will understand it OK:

GRAN BRETAÑA2

Cheers, Ade.

ian
    ?

im not sure how many types had the screw but im sure some one here more knowlable than me will help you ,cheers ian

this is just an example of one on sale on an online shop, but the one im talking about, from this position you could already see the screw on top
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question: about british helmet  

ian
    ?

this is a mk2 british helmet with large head screw some have a small head screw,cheers ian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question: about british helmet  

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Nuno, this site will help you. It is in Spanish, but I think you will understand it OK:

GRAN BRETAÑA2

Cheers, Ade.
    many thanks ade, the website is amazing, ill just go over there tomorow and get it, its only 24euros. thanks again to all of you guys, youv been very helpfull
    best regards
    nuno

?

The screw should be about 1/2" round usually made from a blackend brass or sometimes steel, inside there will be a round nut that secures the liner to the helmet, there should be a date stamped into the helmet somewhere around the rim, try looking front and back then at the sides where the chin strap posts are. Another date should be on the liner fibre supports, again usually either front or back.Mine is marked 7 VERO 1 1938 .The helmet is marked F&L 1/ 1939. But it is as already mentioned perfectly normal for the large screw on top.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast