Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

R.A.C. tanker's helmet

Article about: I was sure i had already posted this major mistery in my collection, but I could non find trace of a previous post, so here I am. It's a RAC, steel, helmet embellished with an Allied Armies

Default R.A.C. tanker's helmet

I was sure i had already posted this major mistery in my collection, but I could non find trace of a previous post, so here I am. It's a RAC, steel, helmet embellished with an Allied Armies white star recognition sign on top, two coloured (one red, one blue) bands and tactical/rank insignia. I know it is too odd to be convincing, but I have got the feeling that this is not a faked item, mainly because I have never seen anything like that before.... Possibly a MP accoutrement? what's your opinion, gents?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture R.A.C. tanker's helmet   R.A.C. tanker's helmet  

R.A.C. tanker's helmet   R.A.C. tanker's helmet  

R.A.C. tanker's helmet   R.A.C. tanker's helmet  

R.A.C. tanker's helmet  

?

Interesting, at first I would say not original but the paint does look very well done and been there for some time. Looking forward to more comments.
    Steve.

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    Interesting, at first I would say not original but the paint does look very well done and been there for some time. Looking forward to more comments.
    Steve.
    that's exactly my feeling also, Steve: could have it been for a parade?

?

Nice wartime helmet, shame about the markings, from a WW2 point of view.