Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAAF Flight Officers leather helmet

Article about: G'day all, We had a military fair here in Western Australia today and I picked up this great WW2 Australian leather flying helmet, it is named to flight Officer Raymond Drury, born in Taree

Default RAAF Flight Officers leather helmet

G'day all,
    We had a military fair here in Western Australia today and I picked up this great WW2 Australian leather flying helmet, it is named to flight Officer Raymond Drury, born in Taree N.S.W in 1919. I have sent away to the national archives for his service records so I'll post any interesting info when the records arrive. Hope you like it, I do!
    Cheers,
    Dave.RAAF Flight Officers leather helmetRAAF Flight Officers leather helmetRAAF Flight Officers leather helmet

Love it mate!...

Thanks Paul!

Cool pick up and with the wartime makers code markings making it easy to date to WWII is a real bonus.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Being named makes it really special. I love anything which can be researched. A great buy.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Jerry, I'm really pleased that it's got the blokes name and service number, I found him within a couple of minutes on the national archives. I'm really looking forward to seeing his service records to see what he did during the war. I know he was discharged in 1946.

- - ------- - -

Cheers Ade, I think it was a great pick up too!

Named is a real bonus and you in Australia are lucky that you can research his records so easily, much harder to do in the UK unless you are a relative.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

It is easy here, once somebody has researched the national archives for a serviceman the records are digitized and put on the national archives website for all to see. All ww1 records are online for all to see, I found my Great Grandfathers service records from WW1 within a few minutes and could read all 35 pages of them.

As Jerry says, you guys down under are very lucky.

Great "B type" lid.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Although not knowing a great deal about these helmets, it's great to see them shown here.
    Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast