Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

RAC helmet help

Article about: ive owned this mk11 royal amoured corps helmet for a while now but hope to learn more about it ,firstly id really like to date the shell and the possible maker so i need pointers on where to

a small update ,my inquistive mind got the better of me so i carefully and i mean carefully removed the cover and net ,what did i learn well the cover was indeed just dpm material in sections and folded over ,that explains the use of the gaffa tape tabs here and there ,the shell is painted green and is its second coat judging by the underpaint ,ive come to realise just how lightweight this helmet is and the steel really does feel quite thin to touch all will be put back as was ,most striking to me is the flared rim which you dont notice with covers/ nets fittedRAC helmet helpRAC helmet helpRAC helmet help
    Regards James

?

Ah, it's naked.
    Just found this on the net, look familiar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAC helmet help   RAC helmet help  

RAC helmet help  

thanks Aaron ,very similar if not a slightly later issue imho,im sure gary (opex) will be able to date the cover from the dpm pattern the net is the same for sure ,is this one at auction as we speak mate
    Regards James

?

Yes, but not in the UK.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3