Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAC Helmet - Question

Article about: Was RAC helmet with "Lift the dot" fastener type fixture ever used in Pacific theatre? I'm aware that they were made in 1945.

Default RAC Helmet - Question

Was RAC helmet with "Lift the dot" fastener type fixture ever used in Pacific theatre? I'm aware that they were made in 1945.

please?

?

Was even the Mk1 HSRAC used there, as I can't imagine tanks being used in great numbers. Would they have been high on a priority list, when you think of shipping them half way round the world.
    Has anyone any pictures of armoured troops with helmets in the far East?

?

This image is credited as Burma, if you squint you can convince yourself it's an RAC helmet.

RAC Helmet - Question

Proving a LTD was used in this theater is a tough ask.
    Steve,

?

Pretty much looks like a steel helmet, thanks.

?

Watching a programme about Captain Tom, and his time out in the far East. Footage looked to show a Mk1 HSRAC.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Watching a programme about Captain Tom, and his time out in the far East. Footage looked to show a Mk1 HSRAC.
    Maybe a DR version with the leather neck protactor cut away due to the hot weather?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Or an american fibre Tanker Helmet which were probably supplied with these tanks from the US.

?

Yes, I was thinking that, but from the pictures/film, not clear enough to be sure.

?

All three crewman appear to have ear flaps presumably containing ear pieces which would lean more towards american helmets.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast