Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

RAC MKII helmet with 1945 CCL Liner

Article about: I m quite new to these type of helmets and recently tried my luck in a bunch of them.. Para, Rac and MD ... for now i would like to ask you if there is a way to know if the shell of a RAC he

Default RAC MKII helmet with 1945 CCL Liner

I m quite new to these type of helmets and recently tried my luck in a bunch of them..
    Para, Rac and MD ...

for now i would like to ask you if there is a way to know if the shell of a RAC helmet can be dated from its futures..
    since the liner is lift the dot CCL 1945, how can i possibly know if the shell is also 1945...

it came also with half of a MKIV quick release chinstrap

it has been over painted, probably post war or by the previous owners... underneath the black spots and olive shade it has a corky much darker shade a bit brownish.....
    inside the paint is almost black and it shows a pattern as if it had another liner the time it was painted.... it has 6 areas that appear lighter and the black color dripped a bit...
    any help appreciated!!

RAC MKII helmet with 1945 CCL LinerRAC MKII helmet with 1945 CCL LinerRAC MKII helmet with 1945 CCL LinerRAC MKII helmet with 1945 CCL LinerRAC MKII helmet with 1945 CCL LinerRAC MKII helmet with 1945 CCL LinerRAC MKII helmet with 1945 CCL Liner

?

They started producing these Mk2 HSRAC in early 1945, March I think. They were painted dark brown textured paint, all shells would have been made by BMB.
    Not sure if I've seen any WW2 stamped shells, but have seen quite a few post war ones.

Thank you Sir! that explains the brown color underneath the black olive motif...
    i think i may try to remove it// will see..