Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rare Wardens MkII

Article about: I have had this helmet quite awhile & have never seen any WW2 pictures or info on the markings of this helmet, so I wondered if anyone here might know? The shell & liner are both dat

?

Default Rare Wardens MkII

I have had this helmet quite awhile & have never seen any WW2 pictures or info on the markings of this helmet, so I wondered if anyone here might know? The shell & liner are both dated 39 & everything looks to be 100% original, but stripes on a helmet normally come on a white helmet with black stripes.
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare Wardens MkII   Rare Wardens MkII  

Rare Wardens MkII   Rare Wardens MkII  

Rare Wardens MkII   Rare Wardens MkII  

Default Re: Rare Wardens MkII

Nice one Aaron (as usual)
    What ever the two stripes represent,he sure wanted to make sure they were seen
    Cheers Mick

4md
    ?

great helmet, very interesting, not too sure about the stripes

Very nice Aaron, I assume a case of local a civil defence doing their own thing with paint markings until standardisation in July 1940.

Very nice. Also unusual to see the W on both front & back outside of London. A neat tidy paint job too!

?

Here is the only picture I could find of a black helmet with white stripes, it was taken in 1945. It has W/FG on it, but I also have a White painted helmet with this on, so I don't think there was a designated marking for this.
    I suppose none of us will know for sure, but they could have been Wardens given extra responsibility but not badged as Head or Chief Wardens (I assume thee would have been a course to complete).
    The second set of across the helmet can only be over zealous rank distinction I think.
    Steve.
    Rare Wardens MkII

- - Updated - -

I forgot to say, it's a great helmet, highly unliley you will ever see another like that.

?

Here are some more white on black odd balls from my 'sold on ebay' archive.
    Rare Wardens MkII
    Rare Wardens MkII
    Rare Wardens MkII

NCA
    ?

Interesting helmet.Thanks for showing.
    Just a thought..could the stripes on the side be painted there so that the wearer could be recognized from the side?

?

Thanks for the comments, & the added pics which Tinhat posted. All looking original painted wardens helmets but not conforming to the official paint scheme.