Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Relic British Brodie helmet

Article about: Hi, As i like to collect relic helmets i thought i would show this relic brodie that arrived today, i bought it from a guy in France. As i havent seen alot of battlefield damaged brodies i t

Default Relic British Brodie helmet

Hi,
    As i like to collect relic helmets i thought i would show this relic brodie that arrived today, i bought it from a guy in France.
    As i havent seen alot of battlefield damaged brodies i thought i would grab this one. It,s in good condition for a relic from W.W.2,
    but i have no history on it.
    dave.

Default Re: Relic Brodie

I dont hope the guy had he's helmet on, a nice but nasty relic

?

the bullet hole is strange.metal fracture appears to be new no rust.

Hi Zero,
    I see what you are saying about no rust, i did start to de-shale it
    with wire wool but thought better of it. but i dont see how the bullet hole is strang ?.
    dave.

?

hole metal fracture is not rusty as the rest of the helm .she was made late. see the hole for liner rivet.

Cool lid! I would hesitate to call it a Brodie though. Those were a brand name of WWI manufactured helmets. Looks like a relic MkII to me

I have my doubts about that bullet hole too, it looks like the back of one of the targets down at the local firing ranges that were shot at only a few days ago. What size is the hole? (approx)

Thanks

Danny

Hi danny,
    I have just compared some rounds with the hole and the only one that goes through is a .45 cal. I can see what you are saying it does look clean but i cleaned the hole with wirewool, bit stupid really then thought better of it so left it. But you never know, i have a german relic 40 Patt, with a .32 cal holes in it in two places and that is a small hand gun.
    dave.

Quote by mk1rceme View Post
    Cool lid! I would hesitate to call it a Brodie though. Those were a brand name of WWI manufactured helmets. Looks like a relic MkII to me
    I agree .. the lugs are MK11 no doubt about it so im afraid it isnt an old Brodie

Tim