Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

repaint

Article about: hi i cant make up my mind about this lid is it a repaint , i have been told at some stage the sand finch like these are post war . i am awary the repaints on left over stock . sorry on photo

Default repaint

hi i cant make up my mind about this lid is it a repaint , i have been told at some stage the sand finch like these are post war . i am awary the repaints on left over stock . sorry on photos i have as not in hand
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture repaint   repaint  

?

I'm no expert on Aussie helmets, but it look really nice to me.
    Others here should be able to tell if it's been repainted post war.

thanks its a nz lid we were supplied by the brits .

?

Even harder to find than an Aussie Mk2, especially up here anyway.
    Being an NZ Mk2, even more nicer.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Even harder to find than an Aussie Mk2, especially up here anyway.
    Being an NZ Mk2, even more nicer.
    Not a lot of info on the painting reworks .. it was done , so i have avoided ones with the sand texture . but the one above just does not look like a repaint , do the brits ww2 come out with this sand texure as well as smooth looking at the chip on the rip and paint under looks like its ok , as i know the bottom paint is original just cant find a lot of info

?

As far as I know NZ & Aussie Mk2's were textured outside & smooth inside, just like the British army Mk2's in WW2.
    British army Mk2's had textured paint outside & smooth inside from 1938-41, after which they were textured inside & out. Smooth painted helmets outside are home front use, well, here in the UK anyway.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture repaint   repaint  

repaint  

Looks good and even if it was repainted, it would be welcome in most British & Commonwealth collectors collections.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

thanks all found some good info seems tinled was right its a oz made one with original paint as the ozzs suppled nz all so , with sandy texture . geez we seem to have the brits and the ozzes and Canadians supplying us no wounder its a nightmare working out whats what ,

but all so for a fact they were re suppled right up to the late 50s so , thanks all

what i find confusing is there seems to be no standared in what liners there are and you will find a 1940 liner in 1942 lid and so on

Quote by tinlid View Post
    As far as I know NZ & Aussie Mk2's were textured outside & smooth inside, just like the British army Mk2's in WW2.
    British army Mk2's had textured paint outside & smooth inside from 1938-41, after which they were textured inside & out. Smooth painted helmets outside are home front use, well, here in the UK anyway.
    thanks i did not know that about smooth been home front great info

Quote by hawkins View Post
    thanks i did not know that about smooth been home front great info
    Though Canadian combat helmets often have smooth paint so this only applies to the UK used examples and does not always, if ever, apply to the other nations.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast