Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

REPAIR PARTY WATER MKII Helmet.

Article about: Evening gents, Sorry for the blurry pictures, it's getting dark here, so I will take some better ones tomorrow! I just picked up this 1939 dated RP/W helmet that is named to H. Popay. I thin

Default REPAIR PARTY WATER MKII Helmet.

Evening gents, Sorry for the blurry pictures, it's getting dark here, so I will take some better ones tomorrow!
    I just picked up this 1939 dated RP/W helmet that is named to H. Popay. I think the liner is made by J.C.S&W. It's a touch weather beaten but I guess as the original owner would have been soaked all day long repairing bomb damaged water mains it is to be expected! I now have the Gas board/Water board and Electricity board represented on my shelves. Still looking for the sewers though!!! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture REPAIR PARTY WATER MKII Helmet.   REPAIR PARTY WATER MKII Helmet.  

?

I'll be travelling to the UK at the end of the month and hope to find a nice MKII that isn't on your wall yet

Just had a quick squiz on ancestry thinking Popay must be an uncommon name, they appear to mainly come from Norfolk, is that where you picked it up?

Tony

Hi Tony, I got it off the bay, so that is a coincidence that the name is a Norfolk name! I must admit though, I personally have never met any Popay's so I do not know what barn they are all hiding in!! Leon.

Another fine addition Leon for your wall of MKII's.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Very nice and interesting MKII and thanks for posting it Leon.

Matt

?

For some reason it's quite hard to find a mint/good condition RP/W?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    For some reason it's quite hard to find a mint/good condition RP/W?
    Hi Aaron, I think it is because they were constantly operating in water filled holes spouting "fountains"! I think this is one of the better ones I've seen and that's not saying much!! Here are some "sharper" images that I took this morning. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture REPAIR PARTY WATER MKII Helmet.   REPAIR PARTY WATER MKII Helmet.  

REPAIR PARTY WATER MKII Helmet.   REPAIR PARTY WATER MKII Helmet.  

?

A good one Leon,well done.

?

Leon, a beautiful example. Well done!