Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Rolled edge British helmet

Article about: Hi has anyone info on this type of helmet, it has a rolled edge ,this I have not seen before.

Apart from the (2?) circular variants most of the "commercials" are traditional MkII shaped...the rim, the liner and the straps are often the give-away.....and to date, frustratingly, I've not found one with any makers stamps. The exceptions, to date at least, are the Head Protectors helmet (bent-down sides), the strange small ridged shell one ("Woolworth"?..although no-one seems to know which commercial helmet actually WAS the Woolworth helmet), the Bakelite "bowlers", the children's ones and of course the Zuck.

for the sake of accuracy, read "pulpware" for Bakelite above

another Dutch bend helmet by EC & Co, seen for sale.

The seller is well known for pimping items so I doubt the flash is real but still a nice helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rolled edge British helmet   Rolled edge British helmet  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

interesting....BMB are usually the makers.......

?

And just to add a little context another Dutch Bend 1941 dated Mk II as Produced in Hong Kong by Chiap Hua Iron and Steel works so this technique was as well used by at least one other Manufacture outside of Great Britain...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rolled edge British helmet   Rolled edge British helmet  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3