Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Senior FireGuard civilian Protective Helmet.

Article about: Heres one i picked up a while ago and ive only now got round to showing it.Senior or chief Fire guard civilian Protective Helmet or Zuckerman type. It looks to me like it was never used?Line

NCA
    ?

Default Senior FireGuard civilian Protective Helmet.

Heres one i picked up a while ago and ive only now got round to showing it.Senior or chief Fire guard civilian Protective Helmet or Zuckerman type.
    It looks to me like it was never used?Liner is E.C&sons 1941 and the shell is SM 41.
    The marmite of the british helmet world!Senior FireGuard civilian Protective Helmet.Senior FireGuard civilian Protective Helmet.

Default Re: Senior FireGuard civilian Protective Helmet.

A very nice helmet. I see lots of the standard grey ones but these 'chief' examples are quiet unusual I think, especially in such good condition.

NCA
    ?

Thanks.That was the main factor in buying it.Usually they are hard to get excited about!

?

These white painted CPH's of the FG had 1,2,3 & I'm not sure maybe a 4 black band to donate rank.The Senior fire guard was responsible for organizing & training FG's & supervising the work, the head fire guard was responsible for a group of senior fire guards, in general a senior fire guard was in charge of 75 FG's. There was also a street captain but I could'nt tell you what the number of black bands go with which one.

NCA
    ?

Thanks for that info.So what rank would my one be?

Fire Guard Blocker Leader or Fire Guard Street Party Leader........'just refreshing that chapter!