Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A serious decision to be made with this Heavily Scrimmed Net

Article about: I was lucky enough to score this bad boy of of Aaron a couple of weeks back and it is a lovely addition to the collection. This heavily scrimmed net came on a Mk III that Aaron ( Tin Lids )

?

Default A serious decision to be made with this Heavily Scrimmed Net

I was lucky enough to score this bad boy of of Aaron a couple of weeks back and it is a lovely addition to the collection.
    This heavily scrimmed net came on a Mk III that Aaron ( Tin Lids ) purchased some time back and he feels it was added to the helmet to gussy it up so he offered it up for sale I could not help myself as it is such a killer ensemble .
    Well first off as best as I can tell the net is a brown late war knotted which is nicely worn and polished supporting it has been on a helmet for some time it is baring multi colored hessian scrim which is nicely matted down and pulled which is what one would expect to see on any vintage net that has been used.
    It also came complete with a nice large piece of hessian (burlap) that has been tucked on the underside of the net .
    A serious decision to be made with this Heavily Scrimmed NetA serious decision to be made with this Heavily Scrimmed NetA serious decision to be made with this Heavily Scrimmed NetA serious decision to be made with this Heavily Scrimmed NetA serious decision to be made with this Heavily Scrimmed NetA serious decision to be made with this Heavily Scrimmed Net
    So now it is time to make some decisions for the purpose of display as I have a few naked helmets it would look rather sharp on should it be added to a Mk II , Mk III , Mk IV , Mk VI , 1953 dated HSAT ,Mk I HSRAC ,Mk II HSRAC and or a HSDR .
    What say you gents what are your thoughts and opinions on the subject.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A serious decision to be made with this Heavily Scrimmed Net   A serious decision to be made with this Heavily Scrimmed Net  

A serious decision to be made with this Heavily Scrimmed Net   A serious decision to be made with this Heavily Scrimmed Net  

A serious decision to be made with this Heavily Scrimmed Net   A serious decision to be made with this Heavily Scrimmed Net  

A serious decision to be made with this Heavily Scrimmed Net  

?

Well the wear on it will be from where it's been on a Mk4 shell I'm sure, so whether the wear marks will correspond with being on an HSAT as the Mk4?
    Here's an Mk4 with the hessian shoved right up under the liner with an post war net, plus a contemporary pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A serious decision to be made with this Heavily Scrimmed Net   A serious decision to be made with this Heavily Scrimmed Net  

Attached Images Attached Images A serious decision to be made with this Heavily Scrimmed Net 

?

Thank you for the reply Aaron the cover has arrived by the way and is a wonderful ensamble.
    I am currently at home on days off so will see how it looks next week and try it out on a few examples it is far to nice to be left boxed up.
    I thought it probably should stay on a turtle and will very probably end up on a IV or VI .
    I do like to hear other collectors thoughts and opinions there are some I know think adding anything to a helmet is plain wrong but how is one to display such items.
    And as long as it is kept on the up and up and removed at the point it leaves ones collection and or is specified as an add on and not period done the practice should be acceptable this is and may be a possible debate all on it's own.

Regards Mark

Problem solved Mark,stick it on your M1,have that ultra cool look you crave...............

?

Ok Jake which M-1 as I have six of them to LOL.

Regards Mark

Six you say?I've only seen one,where's the threads for the other five Bud?.........................

SMP
    ?

Smile

I think I would put it on a MKIV if it were mine.

BTW - I don't think you should have said "heavily scrimmed " - I think this better fits that description !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A serious decision to be made with this Heavily Scrimmed Net  

?

Here you are Jake sorry some of the images are rather poor I really need to re-shoot a lot of my helmets and some have never been shown before .
    I will have to take pics of the other two when I get back up north plus here is a new Israeli M-1 with a three point harness system sadly I think I jumped the gun on this helmet and the liner is wrong and will need to be replaced with either an Israeli produced liner and or a US P-65 which I have a couple of BTW.

Regards Mark

I see your point mate,what Helmet is this one?............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A serious decision to be made with this Heavily Scrimmed Net  

?

Quote by SMP View Post
    I think I would put it on a MKIV if it were mine.

BTW - I don't think you should have said "heavily scrimmed " - I think this better fits that description !
    Jeez Steve that is the first time I have ever seen a helmet with an Afro

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast