Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Some Questions on US M3 Flak Helmets

Article about: Hi all- I have the opportunity to buy a nice-condition M3 flak helmet and have some questions. This one is missing the cloth inner suspension but has the metal mounting points that it would

Default Some Questions on US M3 Flak Helmets

Hi all-

I have the opportunity to buy a nice-condition M3 flak helmet and have some questions. This one is missing the cloth inner suspension but has the metal mounting points that it would attach to. So, I am wondering: Can the suspension on these types of helmets be replaced and a new one mounted? Are they the same or similar to the ones in standard M1 helmets? Is it best to just leave it as it is and not mess with it? It is otherwise complete (felt pads and chin strap) and has a good finish. What is a fair price on these nowadays?

Sorry I don't have a pic of this one but it looks the same as other ones. I don't know much about them yet. Thanks for your help!

In my honest opinion, these helmets can be found for rather cheap as they are still not as popular as regular M1 helmets.

I believe I picked mine up for $125 a little less than a year ago.

I have never rewebbed a helmet, but it should accept standard M1 components.

Some Questions on US M3 Flak HelmetsSome Questions on US M3 Flak HelmetsSome Questions on US M3 Flak HelmetsSome Questions on US M3 Flak HelmetsSome Questions on US M3 Flak Helmets

Sorry it took me so long to reply! Thanks for the photos. That's a pretty nice one!