Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

south africa helmet

Article about: would very much like some thoughts on this please i will give mine first and lets hope there right as this is the first one i have had . 1/ i think its all origianl paint and minty as you wi

Default south africa helmet

would very much like some thoughts on this please i will give mine first and lets hope there right as this is the first one i have had .

1/ i think its all origianl paint and minty as you will see only a few nicks

2/ origianl liner but no date or stamps late ?

3/ there is paint on the liner same as helmet i take it they put liner in sooner then later

4/ the strapes luges do not seem to be bent over to hold straps so i take it its a unisued lid that never had the strap put on ,

my question is what about the stud holding the liner in place i have only seen bolts .all so what about no date or stamp on liner

thoughts are last run end of the line helmet

paint shows a smouth but sand shine to it and no trace of other paint or ever repainted
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture south africa helmet   south africa helmet  

south africa helmet   south africa helmet  

south africa helmet  

Default Re: south africa helmet

more over view hope i am right
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture south africa helmet   south africa helmet  

south africa helmet  

a lot nicer in hand

last one

Looks ok to me but I dont collect these here is a link that may help Google Images
    Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

with unused net
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture south africa helmet  

photo of them have a paint job
    Attached Images Attached Images south africa helmet 

Surely yours should have markings heres mine for comparison + the shell should be a MK1. Heres also a side by side to a WW1 british shell

its all real but yep no markings i have another 4 helmets here maybe just did not get stamped and put in with the rest of the pile of liners to be put in down the track