Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

St Johns Ambulance MKII Helmet

Article about: Morning gents, I have been looking at this one and wondered what your thoughts about it are? Personally I think it looks ok, the stamped naming to the inside appears to be period with matchi

Default St Johns Ambulance MKII Helmet

Morning gents, I have been looking at this one and wondered what your thoughts about it are? Personally I think it looks ok, the stamped naming to the inside appears to be period with matching wear and the badge looks to be period applied as well. A touch unusual I know, but hey, that's the Home Front and it's variations for you! Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture St Johns Ambulance MKII Helmet   St Johns Ambulance MKII Helmet  

St Johns Ambulance MKII Helmet   St Johns Ambulance MKII Helmet  

Hi Leon, I think it looks OK.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Leon, I think it looks OK.

Cheers, Ade.
    Morning Ade, I like it, especially with the naming impressed into it and i feel that it is all period to look at. I have decided to go for it, so another heavy day for the postman on it's way! The seller states that this helmet came from the Plymouth area and that two holes were "drilled" into the helmet in order to affix the badge. The holes apparently show the same signs of ageing and rust etc, so i am really looking forward to getting this one in hand. Leon.

Looks to be a stunning helmet mate, a very nice find.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Hi Leon I rather like this Mk II and I agree it looks like the badge was period applied to me as well.
    And IMO the personalizing on the inside of the rim just adds that extra little bit of credibility for me that it was indeed period personalized.

Regards Mark

?

All looks nice & aged with wear,be interesting to see pics of the inside where the badge has been fixed to the shell.
    Being an No.1, bet it was pretty hard to drill the holes.

Very nice Leon thanks for posting it and I saw this one, a bit out of my price range but good to see someone on the forum got it

Matt

Quote by tinlid View Post
    All looks nice & aged with wear,be interesting to see pics of the inside where the badge has been fixed to the shell.
    Being an No.1, bet it was pretty hard to drill the holes.
    Hi Aaron, I will make sure I post some images of the holes and badge pins when it arrives. As you say, it must have been a pig to drill holes into this. Leon.

?

Looking forward to seeing your photos when it arrives.

Tony

It's arrived in super quick time! The helmet is a cracker in my humble opinion. The name stamping and front badge all show the same level of rust/wear as the helmets shell. The holes that were drilled for the badge are equally rusty and full of dirt and there is a good build up of dirt behind the badge as well. I am happy that this one has been this way since the war. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture St Johns Ambulance MKII Helmet   St Johns Ambulance MKII Helmet  

St Johns Ambulance MKII Helmet   St Johns Ambulance MKII Helmet  

St Johns Ambulance MKII Helmet  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast