MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tan MKII Helmet.

Article about: Hello gents, having moved on my Home Front helmets due to another addition to the family requiring the "war room", I have been buying smaller awards and medals recently. That said,

Default Tan MKII Helmet.

Hello gents, having moved on my Home Front helmets due to another addition to the family requiring the "war room", I have been buying smaller awards and medals recently. That said, in passing my local junk shop this nice "Tan" MKII caught my eye and I just have to have it at £45! As you can see (I hope) the inside is painted the standard "reflective green" but the outside is in textured tan, that has darkened in places due to storage and time. There is also the remains of an anti-gas cape which was commonly used to keep the heat of the mid-day sun off of the wearers neck although sadly the neck guard element has been lost to time. The helmet itself appears to be maker stamped "BP" with a 1938 7 1/2 VERO liner and 1939 stamped chin strap lugs. Nice to get a lid that shows the kind of use and wear from the Western Desert campaign, just imagine the cost of this if it were German DAK! These British combat helmets are seriously under valued in my eye's. Leon.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the Likes button to see Attachments.

Photo doesn't show up?

Quote by earlymb View Post
    Photo doesn't show up?
    Hi, I sorry, but can't help you there my friend as they are showing up fine at this end? Leon.

nice...and just £45 smackers!!!!

.....AND a clever way to collect "likes" too!! I'll have to look into that myself

Quote by Composite View Post
    nice...and just £45 smackers!!!!

.....AND a clever way to collect "likes" too!! I'll have to look into that myself
    I'll give you a "Thanks" instead then Ade!! Cheers, Leon.

Sorry, but I won't be blackmailed into giving 'likes' for something that I cannot even see. Is this a new method of enhancing one's own status on WRF? What if I 'liked' it and it turned out to be a load of crap that I didn't like? Leon, surely you are not THAT desperate for recognition?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Sorry, but I won't be blackmailed into giving 'likes' for something that I cannot even see. Is this a new method of enhancing one's own status on WRF? What if I 'liked' it and it turned out to be a load of crap that I didn't like? Leon, surely you are not THAT desperate for recognition?
    Have I missed something here? I uploaded five images at the start of this thread and I can see them? If this thread is useless because nobody else can see them then my apologises and I will re-submit it. As for being "blackmailed" for likes, who gives a flying for them anyway, not me for one Harry, just good honest feedback is all I care about either giving or receiving. I fully appreciate that this is a useless thread if you guys can't see anything, but if I am not given proper info in that respect as it all looks good at my end then I cannot rectify it!
    Anyway, rant over, I will try and re-load the images now!!!! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Have I missed something here? I uploaded five images at the start of this thread and I can see them? If this thread is useless because nobody else can see them then my apologises and I will re-submit it. As for being "blackmailed" for likes, who gives a flying for them anyway, not me for one Harry, just good honest feedback is all I care about either giving or receiving. I fully appreciate that this is a useless thread if you guys can't see anything, but if I am not given proper info in that respect as it all looks good at my end then I cannot rectify it!
    Anyway, rant over, I will try and re-load the images now!!!! Leon.
    Tan MKII Helmet.Tan MKII Helmet.Tan MKII Helmet.Tan MKII Helmet.Tan MKII Helmet.

Fallschirmjager,

Your "Like to see images" thing worked for me, and I must say a helmet worth clicking a silly like button for to see. You got that lovely helmet for only £45? I would not consider it blackmail, it's a like button... I thought it was a rather neat thing, for when I liked it the images popped right up, very creative. I am new, but if I had one like or a million, I wouldn't really care because it is the comments that count, and I certainly don't consider the people with the most amount of likes "popular" but rather the people that post similar militaria to what I am interested in, and this is a helmet that I like and have interest in, so thanks for sharing.

Best regards,

-Jamie

Quote by BlackWatch1945 View Post
    Fallschirmjager,

Your "Like to see images" thing worked for me, and I must say a helmet worth clicking a silly like button for to see. You got that lovely helmet for only £45? I would not consider it blackmail, it's a like button... I thought it was a rather neat thing, for when I liked it the images popped right up, very creative. I am new, but if I had one like or a million, I wouldn't really care because it is the comments that count, and I certainly don't consider the people with the most amount of likes "popular" but rather the people that post similar militaria to what I am interested in, and this is a helmet that I like and have interest in, so thanks for sharing.

Best regards,

-Jamie
    Hi Jamie, thank you for your feedback, and thank you for shinning a light on the software issues here!
    I will add that I have not added any funny software that should require anyone to click a "like" button to see the images! Quite frankly I am baffled by this whole situation as the pictures themselves should not be "corrupted" in any way as I took them on my own camera? I think I will just close this thread down as some people clearly do not know me very well after several years and a few thousand posts, I just must be a like lover!!! Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast