Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

tank helmet

Article about: Hello, here is my tank helmet, this one have overpaint in kaki. Broad Arrow + WD + Q (for year 1940) ++ seb

Default tank helmet

Hello,

here is my tank helmet, this one have overpaint in kaki.

Broad Arrow + WD + Q (for year 1940)

++

seb

Cool lid, the early tank pattern.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

A nice HCRAC ( Helmet, Crash, Royal Armoured Corps) I have 2 this colour with the 5th Inneskillen dragoon guards flash on the side.
    I think these helmets were made by J. Compton Sons & Webb, whether just them or others I'm not 100% sure. The ink stamp will be on the inside but might be faded.

?

I gave Bovington examples of both Fibre Tank Crew Helmets about 20 years and from what I can gather they both walked. The hard Fibre version had the Panda's Head painted on the front from the 9th Armoured division?

?

When I looked around a year ago in their stores, there was a least 1 HCRAC if not 2. But couldn't tell if they had a badge on or not.

Is the liner the same type as in the Zuckerman's?

Cheers, Mads

?

The HCRAC liner is slightly different to the civilian protective helmet liner, same sort of style but different materials.Inside the liner on the HCRAC is more like the Mk2 liner, a thick khaki colour cotton padding while the CPH is just thin paper/cotton covered in rubber/tar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture tank helmet   tank helmet  

tank helmet