Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Thoughts on this British airborne helmet

Article about: I don't know anything about these helmets, wonder if anyone can tell me if this is original , thanks!

Default Thoughts on this British airborne helmet

I don't know anything about these helmets, wonder if anyone can tell me if this is original , thanks! Name:  433.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  39.0 KBName:  223232.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  38.3 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	98788.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	817613Click image for larger version. 

Name:	77667.jpg 
Views:	642 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	817612Name:  43434.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  38.5 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	33234.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	817610Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9889.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	817609Name:  9877.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  30.8 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	8889.jpg 
Views:	578 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	817607Name:  3434.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  30.1 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	8777.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	817605Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6767777.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	817615

Looks ok to me ,

SMP
    ?

Congratulations . It looks like a totally original British G&S para helmet. Classic G&S features. The net and type of scrim used suggest it was used by a Canadian.

?

Hi Steve this helmet is still sitting on the block as the gavel will not fall for another three days it is currently sitting just over $700.00 Cdn .
    Oddly enough the seller has removed his description over the last couple of days since I checked it last time were he had described some of the details I believe one to be the possibility of a replaced spanner bolt there was something else as well but it is lost to me know so IMO This one really needs to be scrutinized you will find a link below to the auction.

WW2 British Paratrooper Helmet With Rare Original G S Liner NET Scrim | eBay

Regards Mark
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

SMP
    ?

Quote by Mark K View Post
    Hi Steve this helmet is still sitting on the block as the gavel will not fall for another three days it is currently sitting just over $700.00 Cdn .
    Oddly enough the seller has removed his description over the last couple of days since I checked it last time were he had described some of the details I believe one to be the possibility of a replaced spanner bolt there was something else as well but it is lost to me know so IMO This one really needs to be scrutinized you will find a link below to the auction.

WW2 British Paratrooper Helmet With Rare Original G S Liner NET Scrim | eBay

Regards Mark
    Thanks Mark,

The description is still there :
    WW2 British paratrooper helmet with net and scrim . Liner is a rare G&S 1943 size 6 1/2 . The left rear chinstrap screw looks to have been field replaced with a similar screw .The rawhide string that holds the liner tight around the helmet appears to have broken in the front for head area , Liner is loose in the helmet but is still holding in place. Leather sweat band is still pliable with what looks to be a repair on the rear seem . Leather chin strap is still pliable with all rivets and tacks tight and in place . Crown cushion is in good shape and still tight . Net and scrim are secure and the net is held In place with and old kaki boot lace . This is the best displaying british Para helmet I have ever come across . Plus with a rare G&S liner. This helmet would look great in any display or collection . International bids welcome . I WILL ONLY SHIP USPS PRORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL OUT OF THE U.S. If you have less than 10 feedback please contact me before bidding . There will be a 3 day inspection period upon receiving the helmet . If you wish to add insurance please let me know after the auction's end . Any questions feel free to contact me. Thank you for your interest !

W. Holmes

I would say this is a really good helmet to go for .

?

Thanks Steve for some strange reason I can not see the description on my laptop even after refreshing it a couple of times.

Regards Mark
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

Yes this helmet I do not own. I was just wondering though ts. Never seen one like this one before. Thanks for your thought s

SMP
    ?

Sold for a very reasonable price. I hope someone here bought it .