Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Two more British Commonwealth helmets for my collection.

Article about: Greetings, I attended a Militaria show here, and got a couple of late birthday presents from my brother. A British MkIV for my Cold War collection and a South African MkII for my Brody Colle

Default Two more British Commonwealth helmets for my collection.

Greetings,

I attended a Militaria show here, and got a couple of late birthday presents from my brother. A British MkIV for my Cold War collection and a South African MkII for my Brody Collection.

Two more British Commonwealth helmets for my collection.Two more British Commonwealth helmets for my collection.Two more British Commonwealth helmets for my collection.

Obviously the SA hat has been used in Civil Defense. The guy had a stack of these, actually. At $20 apiece, I would bought more if I would have had the cash. Most of the MkIIs I come across here in the states are Canadian, so getting a SA was great! When I saw the three holes along the back rim, my little heart went bumpity bump! Sorry for the bad pics, something is wrong with my digital camera, apparently.

Two more British Commonwealth helmets for my collection.Two more British Commonwealth helmets for my collection.

MkIVs have been common and cheap lately. I guess a bunch of them flooded the market. It actually cost a bit more than the SA lids above. Because I am cheap kind of guy, I have been buying up the surplus Cold War helmets floating around after everyone went to Kevlar and dumped their stocks. This makes a nice addition to that part of my collection.

These were great birthday gifts from my brother. As my English friends say, I am chuffed! (I either used that word correctly or I am going to get banned from the forum....)

The SA helmet has what looks like a British liner and not the original SA Jaeger Rand liner. What does the makers mark on the cross strap say?

Chuffed is used correctly. Cool pick ups, but a shame your camera is not playing ball.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice to see another Brody Helmet and Turtle helmet on the forum, one question what is the liner manufacturer as already said it looks more of a English made liner.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.