Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

two new helmets as chrismas gift : RAC and japanese

Article about: Hello there are my latest helmet I bought (for me and myself :-) as chrismas gift: a RAC (1944 dated) with DR steel part ("coque" in french, I don't know the english word ) a japan

Default two new helmets as chrismas gift : RAC and japanese

Hello

there are my latest helmet I bought (for me and myself :-) as chrismas gift:

a RAC (1944 dated) with DR steel part ("coque" in french, I don't know the english word )

a japanese composite: all "passive defense" and a army star (weird but looking good, no?). I paid the price for a civilian helmet, so I'm happy!

What do you thinh about it?

Cheers from France

Jean Loup

?

Hi Jean, The HSDR has been converted to a HSRAC, I know the Danish did this sort of thing post war.
    They also converted HSAT into HSRAC. Canada also converted HSDR into HSAT post war too.
    Here's an HSAT into a HSRAC.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture two new helmets as chrismas gift : RAC and japanese  

They did the conversion post war with WW era liner?
    Thank you for your interest.

Jean Loup

?

On the picture above the HSAT into an HSRAC has an civilian protective helmet leather sweat band part of the liner (Zuckerman) which will be dated 1940-42.

thank you

which use for these modified helmet? Armoured corp too or something else?

Jean Loup

?

Well I suppose they would have been used by their armoured corps, but we used our Mk2 HSRAC (with lift the dot liner) for our Navy?

bonjour jean loup ,very nice to see you back here ,you must have been very good last yearim not familiar with the japanese helmet ,when you say composite is the shell made from a cast alloy or steel ,the liner too is unfamiliar it looks to be canvas/hessian type material and similar to the soviet Ssch36 ,in your opinion would you say this is an original fitment ,kind regards james

?

Excellent pieces Jean Loup and many thanks for sharing them with us, it is good to treat yourself at Xmas

Quote by James C View Post
    bonjour jean loup ,very nice to see you back here ,you must have been very good last yearim not familiar with the japanese helmet ,when you say composite is the shell made from a cast alloy or steel ,the liner too is unfamiliar it looks to be canvas/hessian type material and similar to the soviet Ssch36 ,in your opinion would you say this is an original fitment ,kind regards james
    Hello "composite" is a bad translation for "made from different part (I mean civilian and army). Sorry for my bad English

The liner seems to be typical for civilian helmet and is a original one (the chinstrap too!), this fitment looks good.

I have no idea about the star (good or false), but this fitment looks old. When I turn the star, we can see something: the paint is different (the second picture). I can say that's really a original fitment (civilian + star), but it looks very old (last picture).

I hope that It answer your question.
    Jean Loup

merci jean loup im just as eager to learn from your nice additions too ,its sounds from your description that all is original and as it should be ,thanks for sharing with us and i look forward to viewing more of your nice items

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast