Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U.S WW2 Salty 49th Armored Division Liner

Article about: by NickD no it wont if you mess with it by changing the original webbing with repro you'll do the opposite & devalue it best you leave as is in my opinion. Agreed. Not sure why so many p

?

Default U.S WW2 Salty 49th Armored Division Liner

Hey guys i got another cool thing from my dad and thats a salty 49th armored liner and i believe its WW2. Its marked Cpac/Westinghouse. And is it possible to fix up?
    Thanks
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U.S WW2 Salty 49th Armored Division Liner   U.S WW2 Salty 49th Armored Division Liner  

U.S WW2 Salty 49th Armored Division Liner   U.S WW2 Salty 49th Armored Division Liner  

U.S WW2 Salty 49th Armored Division Liner  

Default Re: U.S WW2 Salty 49th Armored Division Liner

Hi Ryan,

A nice liner, I like the decal!

The black A washers and what's left of the khaki webbing tell me that it's a late WWII liner... It looks like all the A washers are there/ secure... so you should be able to re-web it if you can find the parts.

?

Thanks A lot joe! I guess thats going to have to be a summer project for me, getting that liner back in shape.
    Thanks
    Ryan

?

I'd leave it as is personally, and get a more common liner if you want to use it for reenactment.

Nitram

?

its a CAPAC/WESTINGHOUSE liner which makes it post war but its also an airborne or at least was an airborne liner but the "A" straps have been cut out also i agree with Nitram leave as is if you mess with it now you'll completely ruin the history of it !

Thats a nice lid ....... great look.

?

Thanks Guys So could the liner be right after ww2 or korea era?
    Thanks
    Ryan

?

your looking at Korea era for this liner.

?

Alright thanks nick. If I got it fixed up which would probably not happen will it be worth more with the decal?
    Thanks
    Ryan

?

no it wont if you mess with it by changing the original webbing with repro you'll do the opposite & devalue it best you leave as is in my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast