Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The ultimate selling pitch.

Article about: When your selling an original Signals mk2 with remnants of the flash,what better way than have the orignal owner parade it for you,he's 94 bless him,someone asked whether the sellers father

Default The ultimate selling pitch.

When your selling an original Signals mk2 with remnants of the flash,what better way than have the orignal owner parade it for you,he's 94 bless him,someone asked whether the sellers father in law was included in the auction,the reply was we are open to offers,but does come with an extensive military library,great with crosswords,but not up on art..............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The ultimate selling pitch.   The ultimate selling pitch.  

The ultimate selling pitch.   The ultimate selling pitch.  

I hope a conversation with the original owner would be included, knowing the provenance of an item makes it a 1000% better.

Cheers
    Harry

He needs a haircut.....What a shower!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Oldest trick in the book , selling a lid , get you grandad to wear it and all of a sudden it has a great story to go with it !!

I have seen the listing and it says you can have a chat with the original owner, of course he may just have a good knowledge of military history and be making it up. If it was me i would ask if he had some documents or a service number which can be used to check his story.

Cheers
    Harry

?

Just to put a name to a face he is Captain W .D. Rickard of the Royal Signals.

Quote by Harry Davey View Post
    I have seen the listing and it says you can have a chat with the original owner, of course he may just have a good knowledge of military history and be making it up. If it was me i would ask if he had some documents or a service number which can be used to check his story.

Cheers
    Harry
    I agree, the prospective buyer needs to interrogate him thoroughly whilst thrashing him with a rubber hose prior to waterboarding the old codger until he tells the truth!

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Yes Harry your quite right,putting the story to one side and focusing on just the Helmet its quite salty,but the story has pushed it over the Ton mark so its obviously working,like whats already been said,he may of been a Soldier with a lot of general type knowledge.....

Just remember your buying the item not the story, as is oft repeated on this forum......

Yes it is quite pricey considering the condition, with just under 7 days left, i don't think it would be anywhere near that mark if it was not for the story.

If he is ''Captain W .D. Rickard of the Royal Signals'' his full name is William Derek Rickard, he did serve in the middle east, his service number is 184352, he was gazetted as a cadet from an O.C.T.U as a war substantive 2nd lieutenant on the 26th April 1941, mention is dispatches and gazetted as an acting Captain 13th January 1944.

Cheers
    Harry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast