Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Unidentified Helmet!

Article about: Hello chaps, Does anyone know where this helmet originates from? I've searched high and low, and I can't find anything like it! The only really distinctive thing I can make out, is the two r

Default Unidentified Helmet!

Hello chaps,

Does anyone know where this helmet originates from? I've searched high and low, and I can't find anything like it!

The only really distinctive thing I can make out, is the two rivets at the rear of the helmet.

Any help would be great.

Cheers
    Lee
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unidentified Helmet!   Unidentified Helmet!  

Unidentified Helmet!  

Default Re: Unidentified Helmet!

Hi Lee,
    It is a 40 Patt russian helmet i have one in my collection, mine was dug in leningrad, hope this helps.
    Dave.

Ahhh, Cheers mate!

Your's is beaut!

Hi Dave, sorry this is not a Soviet M40. Look again at the shape and more importantly the position of the liner rivets.

Hi Lee, what you actually have is a Polish helmet, the Wz31/50. Issued pre war and then again after the war, often refurbished. Take a look here:

POLACO 31

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Lee,
    sorry about that i got it wrong, but live and learn i say thanks for putting us both right Ade.
    dave.

Arrow Re: Unidentified Helmet!

Polish Wz31

POLISH Wz31 "SALAMANDER"

This helmet was in use by Polish army at the blow of WW2. It's painted with a green-brown anti reflection rough paint named "Salamander".

This one retains 95% of its original paint, original chin strap and 3 cushion pads liner.
    Rare helmet to find in this very good condition.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unidentified Helmet!   Unidentified Helmet!  

Unidentified Helmet!   Unidentified Helmet!  

Unidentified Helmet!  

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Lee,
    sorry about that i got it wrong, but live and learn i say thanks for putting us both right Ade.
    dave.
    Hey, no probs mate... but as punishment I think you'll have to forfeit your Bren Gun to me!

Quote by battle gear View Post
    Polish Wz31

POLISH Wz31 "SALAMANDER"

This helmet was in use by Polish army at the blow of WW2. It's painted with a green-brown anti reflection rough paint named "Salamander".

This one retains 95% of its original paint, original chin strap and 3 cushion pads liner.
    Rare helmet to find in this very good condition.
    Cheers mate,

My mate was convinced it was Russian, but I wasn't sure. To be honest I thought it was Czech at first... shows what I know about lids eh! lol