Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unique British-Turtle-Shell-MKIV-Steel-Army-Helmet-1954

Article about: Hello everyone, I havent been buying turtles for a few weeks ..My Drought stopped when i saw this one and had to buy it there and then, I like it becasue just mins before i was watching a pr

Default Unique British-Turtle-Shell-MKIV-Steel-Army-Helmet-1954

Hello everyone, I havent been buying turtles for a few weeks ..My Drought stopped when i saw this one and had to buy it there and then, I like it becasue just mins before i was watching a programme about North Korea, I first thought as many of you probally are right now modern day paint job , The price i paid was peanuts when you think of the decent Liner and orignal chinstrap, Once you look closer the Green paint has wear and chips in the paint and its rough around the edges of the rim, Then a mate said maybe it was used in Militray Exercises when the Commies were Our Arch enemy, These are the pics from the seller and i have yet to see what date the shell is... whats everyones thought's, If it a modern art project its still pretty cool IMO ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unique  British-Turtle-Shell-MKIV-Steel-Army-Helmet-1954   Unique  British-Turtle-Shell-MKIV-Steel-Army-Helmet-1954  

Unique  British-Turtle-Shell-MKIV-Steel-Army-Helmet-1954   Unique  British-Turtle-Shell-MKIV-Steel-Army-Helmet-1954  

Unique  British-Turtle-Shell-MKIV-Steel-Army-Helmet-1954   Unique  British-Turtle-Shell-MKIV-Steel-Army-Helmet-1954  

Unique  British-Turtle-Shell-MKIV-Steel-Army-Helmet-1954  
    Last edited by combathelmets247; 10-06-2018 at 10:43 AM.

Found another one in this thread, Granted the Raw edge one is a little beat up compaired to the one i bought, Only cost £20 and you would of thought that they would of put a higher price on it.. MKIV 'Turtle' helmet.Raw edge.

Another interesting bit of this now it’s in my hands is the stamp has been stamped by someone who had eaten weetabix that day as its showing on the outside of the shell,, The inside is Painted Brown and the liner is stuck fast and has been in this shell from issue judging by the Black marks on the inside,, i have tried to capture it but my pics arent that great..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unique  British-Turtle-Shell-MKIV-Steel-Army-Helmet-1954   Unique  British-Turtle-Shell-MKIV-Steel-Army-Helmet-1954  

Unique  British-Turtle-Shell-MKIV-Steel-Army-Helmet-1954  

?

That'll be an BMB made shell then,they stamped them vertically, making them show on the outside.
    Other makers stamped them horizontally, and their's didn't show.

will it be a 50's shell then,, i just wondered becasue of the brown pant and its been pointed out that its odd becasue of the leather pull tab thats found on 40's dated liners even tho this is 54

?

Could be 1945, first year of manufacture. Or when they started again in the early 50's.