Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual MKIV Painted British Turtle Helmet, Japanese scene

Article about: Dear Forum, I had this come in with a lot of WW2 Brodie, MKIII & IV Turtles, and German pre WW2 war helmets. Its been painted with a Japanese scene, with the Japanese Flag on one side. I

Default Unusual MKIV Painted British Turtle Helmet, Japanese scene

Dear Forum,

I had this come in with a lot of WW2 Brodie, MKIII & IV Turtles, and German pre WW2 war helmets. Its been painted with a Japanese scene, with the Japanese Flag on one side. I have not seen one like this before, its post WW2. I wondered if anybody has come across a helmet painted like this before? The detail is quite impressive. Unusual MKIV Painted British Turtle Helmet, Japanese sceneUnusual MKIV Painted British Turtle Helmet, Japanese scene

Many thanks

Paul

?

My best guess would that maybe this was done during the allied occupation in Japan following WW2? Reminds me of souvenir German helmets being painted by Allied occupation troops following WW1

Quote by FinMC View Post
    My best guess would that maybe this was done during the allied occupation in Japan following WW2? Reminds me of souvenir German helmets being painted by Allied occupation troops following WW1
    Hi, that would be my guess to, the style is very distinctive and does not appear to have been done by a "western" hand. Would look great hanging in your Pagoda at the end of the garden! Leon.