Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

URGENT fake alert : US m1 helmet 2nd rangers

Article about: Hi everyone, a european friend of mine has spotted on eBay.com (I guess) last week a new "2nd rangers helmet". WILL END TODAY ! The listing title is : "WWII US Army M1 Helmet

Exclamation URGENT fake alert : US m1 helmet 2nd rangers

Hi everyone,

a european friend of mine has spotted on eBay.com (I guess) last week a new "2nd rangers helmet".
    WILL END TODAY !

The listing title is : "WWII US Army M1 Helmet 2nd Rangers D-Day Normandy Super RARE Original! Late War"

Normandy.... Late war ?!

It has a current $ 400 price with numerous bidders...
    Too much expansive for a repro. A genuine one ? Far from "real" value !

Check these pictures and description by yourselves :
    URGENT fake alert :  US m1 helmet 2nd rangers
    URGENT fake alert :  US m1 helmet 2nd rangersURGENT fake alert :  US m1 helmet 2nd rangersURGENT fake alert :  US m1 helmet 2nd rangers
    URGENT fake alert :  US m1 helmet 2nd rangersURGENT fake alert :  US m1 helmet 2nd rangersURGENT fake alert :  US m1 helmet 2nd rangers

In my view this is a post war 1950's shell with brand new chinstraps, the liner is disturbing, correct OD # 3 but with a marking stamped, never seen before (Israelian ? )... I got no other pictures.
    I will ask what is the name of the seller if necessary.

I think he won't bid but he will appreciate your feedbacks. Comments are very welcome !

Thx
    Paddy75

Got seller's ebay alias : american_dough_boy

Having seen the photos I cannot believe anyone would be so crazy as to think this was the real deal. There is NOTHING right about it. Dreadful.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Having seen the photos I cannot believe anyone would be so crazy as to think this was the real deal. There is NOTHING right about it. Dreadful.
    Yes, but I just found it on ebay sold for $ 400, 7 bidders.
    Too many fakes/refurbished ww2 helmets, and nowadays they represent a value...
    Does anybody has an idea about the liner marking ?

NCA
    ?

So, 2nd Rangers were in Normandy using postwar ABL liners? Right-o...

For the poor sod who paid $400 dollars for it then more salt in the wound. Buyer beware!!

Same sh*t different day!

It galls me that such items are openly sold as originals and there seems to be no risk to the perpetrator of what is essentially a fraud.

Of course it is possible that the seller is innocent of intent because he believes this to be genuine (no, really) but that means he doesn't know enough to state that it is genuine. Therefore he should not do so.

Once more this reinforces the idea that it is incumbent upon the buyer to carry out enough research or investigation to be sure of what he is buying. Unless of course there is some degree of hubristic guile about the buyer who thinks he is getting "a steal" at the price, in which case, "more fool him"

Even the most experienced collector can get caught out but there is really no excuse to fall for this one

CAVEAT EMPTOR, "Let's be careful out there"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmg86CRBBtw

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 06-09-2017 at 11:50 AM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."