Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Helmet

Article about: Hi! Have this US helmet, would need some info about it. Is it authentic, from witch era/war, how much is it worth? Kind regards, Einar

Default US Helmet

Hi! Have this US helmet, would need some info about it. Is it authentic, from witch era/war, how much is it worth?

Kind regards,
    Einar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Helmet   US Helmet  

US Helmet   US Helmet  

What you have there is a 35.00 set
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Nothing more haha, well okay thanks!

My guess is Post Vietnam era. Tank destroyer is not far off on value.
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    My guess is Post Vietnam era. Tank destroyer is not far off on value.
    John
    I guess I should have said more. John is correct it is a post Vietnam War helmet. The liners I believe were used well into the late 80's and the cover would be from the same era.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Helmet liner seems to be early 1960's, not sure about the sweatband as I can't read the date on the stamp. Can't tell what the shell is but the chinstraps are the last type, used from the mid- to late 1970's I believe. The cover is Woodland pattern, used from the early 1980's onwards.

Thanks guys! Very grateful!

The cover is a PASGT helmet cover so it’s on the wrong helmet for a start take it off and let’s see the M1 in all its glory and you never know it could be a WW2 era one with 1970s chinstraps applied. The liner is a Marmac Industries Inc. liner as I can see a large black inked number 4 on the webbing suspension of the liner which was only done by Marmac. The rest of the contract info with a date will be on there as well. This type of liner is known as a P64 and is the cotton resin type which were only made from 1964 to 1969 so definitely Vietnam era.

Here are some pics with the cover taken of
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Helmet   US Helmet  

US Helmet   US Helmet  

US Helmet   US Helmet  

US Helmet  

Is there a number stamped on the inside, near the rim?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast