Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US m1 helmet...

Article about: Hello falks! I just found this helmet and i wonder if it is ww2 era! It has a front seam as the ww2 ones but i would like your opinion as i know near nothing about us ww2 helmets! Here are t

Default US m1 helmet...

Hello falks! I just found this helmet and i wonder if it is ww2 era! It has a front seam as the ww2 ones but i would like your opinion as i know near nothing about us ww2 helmets! Here are three pics i got but if you need any others please let me know!
    Near the front seam is the number 925 and the letter D...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US m1 helmet...   US m1 helmet...  

US m1 helmet...  

?

It appear to be a correct WWII GI helmet. Chin strap is post war, it also appears that this helmet may have been a fixed bale and then converted over to swivels (loops to which the chin strap attaches). I noticed that one of the bales appears to set farther to the rear than the other. This was usually done because part of the old fixed bale weld was still on the helmet, so the moved the swivel behind it. I have one that had the swivels changed and is a vet bring back. He was in the 106 ID and reached his unit as a replacement on May 5, 1945.
    The front seam and maker marks are a good sign of it being a wartime helmet.

Thank you mate! I got it from free so it is a good acquisition to my collection!!!

nice pot, from the front seam the pot is unquestionably ww2 with probably postwar chinstraps. does it have a liner?