Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US M1 helmet & Liner Help

Article about: I picked up this chrome M1 & Liner last week. I am trying to get a firm grasp on it's age and value. I don't have any books on helmets so figured you guys would have more sense for value

carolinaskies
    ?

Default US M1 helmet & Liner Help

I picked up this chrome M1 & Liner last week. I am trying to get a firm grasp on it's age and value. I don't have any books on helmets so figured you guys would have more sense for value. Could they have come from the same fellow or might they be a marriage of two separate pieces?

The fellow I bought them from thought they were post-WWII Occupation or Korea. I'm pretty sure they are post WWII, just not sure how late they might be.

The liner is marked inside in the crown "US 25" The only stamping I could find in the helmet was M 322 C and it's a rear seam.

Default Re: M1 Liner and Chrome dome help

The shell and the liner appear to be Vietnam period. The liner suspension system is the one adopted late in 1960 and the chin strap was used from the Korean War through to the 70's if memory serves.

?

Default re: US M1 helmet & Liner Help

both helmet & shell are vietnam era & both are US made i cant say for sure if this is a put together helmet but when the shell is chromed like that it was normally used for parades if it was era done !!!!!!!

all in all its a very nice helmet one i wouldent mind my self in my collection