Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?

Article about: by Bond A link to the history of these. USMC Pressed Fiber Helmet – Training Helmet and More | Military Sun Helmets Thanks for the link, Jerry! Very informative!

Default USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?

This helmet (and USN MK 1 knife) was found in the trash today. It's in overall okay condition but is a little scuffed up (probably from being banged around in the dumpster and then dumped). All I can provide are cell phone pictures for now... Can anyone comment on it's authenticity?

USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?

Default Re: USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?

One looker original and thought to be WWII in date. I have one without it's badge and in a worse state. My example has the same markings including the same contract number and serial number.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Bond View Post
    One looker original and thought to be WWII in date. I have one without it's badge and in a worse state. My example has the same markings including the same contract number and serial number.
    Thanks, Jerry! As I said, it's a little scuffed up... it also has what appears to be someone's initials written on the outside. I will post high quality pics ASAP.

?

Well the ega looks like 1960s period, also could you post pictures of the blade

I am currently away from my high quality digital camera. I will be sure to post more pics when I get home.

Here is a cellphone shot of the knife:
    USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?

Neat find! Haven't seen many of those around here.

Here are better pics of the pith helmet:

USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?

Here are some better snaps of the knife:

USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?

That aluminum pommel is a sure sign of a WWII Mark 1 by Geneva Forge.
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Here are better pics of the pith helmet:

USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?USMC Tropical Pith Helmet. Authentic?
    A link to the history of these.

USMC Pressed Fiber Helmet – Training Helmet and More | Military Sun Helmets
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast