Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Very rare Rescue MkII

Article about: Unlikely you will ever see another example of this type of helmet, difficult to resist I think for the right price. It's interesting that the flash maybe related to the CD region, it would b

?

Default Very rare Rescue MkII

Comments on this rescue helmet would be welcome, for me it's a very rare rescue, but I can see something wrong with it. So I thought I'd see what you guys thought.
    Thanks
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3754.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	391719   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3755.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	177.3 KB 
ID:	391720  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3756.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	215.7 KB 
ID:	391721   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3757.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	165.1 KB 
ID:	391722  

Name:	IMG_3758.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	391723   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3759.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	220.8 KB 
ID:	391724  

Name:	IMG_3760.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	240.3 KB 
ID:	391725  

Default Re: Very rare Rescue MkII

Hi, so far i see a repaint and the R also does not seem right.

?

When I first saw it I thought WOW what a great helmet, but then the majority of the white paint looks about 30-40 years newer than the white paint around the R which I could'nt quite fathom.
    Thanks Nuno

Agree with Nuno, it does look as if someone gave it a repaint a long time after the first coat of paint and the Rescue markings were originally applied. A shame really as if left untouched it would have been a stunning example.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

As already said, the white looks a whole lot fresher than other areas you can see.
    The R looks like it was once a P too.

Brad.

NCA
    ?

Very strange..looks like a divisional flash on the side?no clue what though!I think it just makes it that more interesting.

?

I was thinking the same thing that this was a P, also i think the white is a later addition but still possibly period, its a strange one but interesting

Bit of a pity that its been retouched at some time,however it is still a killer lid
    Any idea on the flash ?
    Mick

?

I can't understand why anybody would want to do that, it's almost such a shoddy job, you want to believe it's real.

Have the diamonds been painted round or added on to the new coat of white paint?

The flash is really interesting, I had a CD helemt with a yellow/brown flash on it but couldn't find anything about it.
    Steve,

?

I've only got the pictures & have'nt seen it in the hand, but I think the diamonds are original as there does seem to be an age to them. I think the yellow/blue square might be something to do with the midlands, maybe area six. A lot of ARP energy would have been spent looking after the war production in the midlands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast