Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Very shiny high gloss MkII helmet

Article about: Hi guys last post tonight. I haven't got a clue about this one apart from thinking it may be a parade helmet??? But I bow down to your expertese and superior knowledge compared to mine can n

Default Very shiny high gloss MkII helmet

Hi guys last post tonight. I haven't got a clue about this one apart from thinking it may be a parade helmet??? But I bow down to your expertese and superior knowledge compared to mine can not see any markings on the helmet but the line is marked Helmets Ltd and dated 1939 size 7. The high gloss on this lid is on the inside and the outside. Thanks for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very shiny high gloss MkII helmet   Very shiny high gloss MkII helmet  

Very shiny high gloss MkII helmet   Very shiny high gloss MkII helmet  

?

This one is exactly the same as the one you had as: Mk2 British army helmet, just in better condition.
    So used on the home front, a lot of these were made by F&L, their stamp is to the front or rear on the inside brim.

A nice Home Front lid, it may have been waxed at some point or just simply given the Mr Sheen treatment and well looked after. A super helmet. Leon.

Thanks guys got a couple more MkIIs but they are pretty chewed and not worth showing. Will start on my WW1 French lids next.

?

I have a couple of these in really good to excellent condition.
    I know I keep banging on about them being used on the home front, ARP & home guard. But, when there was the shortage of helmets after the fall of France in 1940 & the need for helmets for the ARP, HG, Police & fire,until production had replaced the losses in mid 1941.These smooth painted Mk2's who after all are Mk2 No.1's & not the more inferior Mk2 No.2's were used by the military, but would have been repainted.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very shiny high gloss MkII helmet   Very shiny high gloss MkII helmet  

Very shiny high gloss MkII helmet   Very shiny high gloss MkII helmet