Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Veteran Memorial Stand

Article about: I live in The Villages, Fl. The are about 140,000 retirees living here and about 80 % are Military Veterans. We have a Veterans Memorial Park and do 11 ceremonies a year. I decided that the

?

Default Veteran Memorial Stand

I live in The Villages, Fl. The are about 140,000 retirees living here and about 80 % are Military Veterans. We have a Veterans Memorial Park and do 11 ceremonies a year. I decided that the Veterans Memorial Park needed a Memorial Stand that could be used during the ceremonies, so I built one using authentic parts. I thought you might be interested in how it turned out.
    Veteran Memorial StandVeteran Memorial Stand
    kaydee
    Dwight Brown

?

Just need a set of blank dog tags, and you're set

Good work...I assume it will be stored when not in use and not left out in the elements?

?

You are correct a set of blank dog tags would be perfect. Do you have a pair?????
    Yes, It is stored inside. i made it so that the stand is portable. I powder Coated all the metal and weather proofed the wood and leather boots. The received was assembled from a M1 Demilled received and welded together so that all the parts fitted.
    kaydee

?

Blank tags are sold at military exchanges, and a lot of private venues outside of bases. You buy the tags, drop them off at the counter and fill out the information sheet. Or you can just buy them blank.

I don't have any, but I could probably find them at the PX. I think they cost around ten bucks a pair...been a long time since I bought any, I've been really good at not losing mine as I get older

?

Thanks. I was just joking about you having a pair. I still have my Dad's original Dog Tags from WWII, Korean War, and Vietnam. Served in the Air Force for 24 years flew in three Wars. I also still have my original dog tags form 1938 to 1988, US Army. I also have a blank set for the Memorial Stand, I just did not put them on the stand for the picture.
    kaydee
    Dwight