Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vickers helmet camo?

Article about: by Gary J Out of interest, doe's anybody know the story of the production of the "Vickers" contracted helmets ? Gary J. THE IRISH

Default Vickers helmet camo?

Didn't really know where to put this, am i right in thinking this is an original vickers helmet that someone has tampered with for the use of ww1 reenactment??

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images Vickers helmet camo?  Vickers helmet camo?  Vickers helmet camo? 

Default Re: Vickers helmet camo?

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Didn't really know where to put this, am i right in thinking this is an original vickers helmet that someone has tampered with for the use of ww1 reenactment??

Thanks
    Yes, very modern looking repaint and trashing of an original helmet, what muppets IMHO
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

what a pity and such a nice lid ,i think there usually painted white vicky
    Regards James

such a waste - i would try to restore it since it is a rare helmet

Why the hell can't people leave things alone!!!

?

I wonder if removing the paint might help expose the black green colour? It's in very good condition considering though. Most of them had lots of dents. They were very soft. One story relates how a soldier drove his bayonet through it, declaring it useless.

To my eternal shame. I remember walking past a stall selling Vickers and original WW1 German helmets in a market in Dublin in the 1980s. I was interested but either didn't have the money or didn't want to spend it. Ouch! Now I really can't afford one!

I was thinking that it might have been painted that way for a movie. The Blue Max for example was made in Ireland. But having a look at the DVD you can see they used replicas.

?

Out of interest, doe's anybody know the story of the production of the "Vickers" contracted helmets ?

Gary J.

Whats the value of this helmet as it stands?

Id want to buy it to restore it and keep it.

Quote by Gary J View Post
    Out of interest, doe's anybody know the story of the production of the "Vickers" contracted helmets ?

Gary J.
    Have you got an email address i can send you an article which describes it all?

?

I bought a helmet advertised as a Vickers but it was just a white washed ww1 helmet. If you are looking for one of these you should make it to the Northstar hotel military show, in Dublin. You should find some nice ones. And Espanlaube has one for sale as well.

Cheers, Pat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast