Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WARDENS MKII(with gas curtain)

Article about: Hello friends, I have just picked up this 1939 dated Wardens MKII helmet with a nice MKI 1939 dated liner. The best bit is that it appears to have a contemporary fitted gas curtain. The curt

Default WARDENS MKII(with gas curtain)

Hello friends, I have just picked up this 1939 dated Wardens MKII helmet with a nice MKI 1939 dated liner. The best bit is that it appears to have a contemporary fitted gas curtain. The curtain itself has had a few repairs around the rim area, all of which were repaired from the inside. I am led to believe that these curtains were mainly worn for protection from burning embers rather than for their proper purpose of gas protection. I hope you MKII experts like this one and please correct me and inform me on any points you may have, sorry the pictures are not great, I will take some better one's when it arrives!! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WARDENS MKII(with gas curtain)   WARDENS MKII(with gas curtain)  

WARDENS MKII(with gas curtain)   WARDENS MKII(with gas curtain)  

Another good MKII for your collection Leon, nice with the gas curtain.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Anon View Post
    Another good MKII for your collection Leon, nice with the gas curtain.
    Thanks Jerry, sadly I can remember when my local government surplus used to sell these wardens/rescue and ambulance helmets for £3.50!!! That was only 20yrs ago (although they did not have a curtain on them) I paid a lot more than that for this one! Leon.

?

Never seen one of these before Leon so thanks for the heads up & photos.. Cheers Terry.

Fantastic mk2 Leon,these gas/ember curtain skirts hardly show up these days,I've noticed how quick these homefront/army BIN's on ebay are flying out the door,saw an Ambulance Helmet go yesterday for £30 was only on for a day,supply and demand at the moment,anyway its a great buy you found yourself Bud,well done.........

?

A very nice Mk II Leon as mentioned examples with the gas curtain infrequently come up for sale in the market place here is a period image of Wardens wearing curtains on there Mk II's that Aaron posted up on the forum some time ago .
    It is thought that they wear preparing to do clean up after one of the Blitz's
    Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WARDENS MKII(with gas curtain)  

?

Nice helmet & No.1 helmet anti gas curtain,the No2 fully covered the helmet.
    Wardens helmets are often seen with these covers on ( for sale, more so than any other ARP service or in period pics) Mainly because the wardens post was full of anti-gas suits,gloves, boots, eyeshields & helmet curtains. As they had to be on the streets during or after a gas attack as much as the anti-gas squads. This would have applied to the Police as well as other important services.
    Luckily not needed.

?

Awesome find Leon.

Thank you gentlemen for the thumbs up and additional information, I am glad you like it! Leon.

?

Very very nice, Leon, great condition pick up.
    Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast