Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Weird MK 4 Helmet!

Article about: Hey guys! I'm new here, yesterday I got an MK IV helmet, but I can't find any markings or stanów in the shell, I couldn't only find one in the liner. Also notuje the Weird colour. ' ' As you

?

Default Weird MK 4 Helmet!

Hey guys! I'm new here, yesterday I got an MK IV helmet, but I can't find any markings or stamps in the shell, I could only find one in the liner. 1959 as pictured. Also notice the Weird colour. Weird MK 4 Helmet!
    Weird MK 4 Helmet!'Weird MK 4 Helmet!

As you can see, it features a lift the dot liner, but I can't find markings anywhere on the shell, could it be a 1945 model or a postwar model? Cause the helmet looks far older than the liner...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weird MK 4 Helmet!  

?

Would need to see a pic of the inside where the rim meets, no doubt it's an BMB or RO&Co made Mk4.
    An BMB made Mk3/4 the name & date will be vertical to the rim, most likely inside near the rear. RO&Co made Mk3/4 it will be vertical to the rim & could be anywhere.
    Attached Images Attached Images Weird MK 4 Helmet! 

welcome to the forum legowy it looks like a postwar medical helmet ,or has certainly been painted up in this fashion are there any other paint remnants to the shell aside from the white overpaint ,perhaps a faint red cross on the front crown ,regards james
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    welcome to the forum legowy it looks like a postwar medical helmet ,or has certainly been painted up in this fashion are there any other paint remnants to the shell aside from the white overpaint ,perhaps a faint red cross on the front crown ,regards james
    Weird MK 4 Helmet!

?

Welcome to the forum, I have seen this type of model before in white usually as James previously mentioned used by health services personnel. The liner is great due to the early date, I have many of these models and most if not all the liners are 70's dated, so it's good to see an early one.

?

Here you go! No luck however
    Weird MK 4 Helmet!
    Weird MK 4 Helmet!

Yes, I was surprised by the date on the liner myself, it is quite an uncommon find. Perhaps a 45 model later re-issued during the Cold War?

I believe it's a Civil Defence Corps helmet of the type worn during the 1950's.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.