MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do I have here?

Article about: Thanks for the welcome. I managed to dig out one of my albums. Unfortunately the photos aren't great but this was long before digital. Unfortunately I don't have many showing the helmet clea

p2tharizo
    ?

Default What do I have here?

Hi all, I was sent here by some kind gentlemen from the USMilitariaforum, they said you guys were the pros! I bought this helmet at a yard sale mainly because of the insignia-what do I have here? Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do I have here?   What do I have here?  

What do I have here?  

?

Default Re: What do I have here?

Hi, I think the badge to the front of the helmet is Irish, the helmet might be english, not sure. Aaron.

Hi.
    I saw this one on the other forum, the shell bales look Brit WW1 style due to being fixed by the split pin, the liner appears to be Brit WW2 style, the fact that it has holes either side of the bales makes me think it might have been produced for CD( but they normally have 3 holes i think) Not sure about the marking on the front, this is not my forte.

Liked the look of it on the other forum, like it here too

British helmet with the insignia of the Eastern Command of the Irish Army. A couple are shown on the forum.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: Welcome to the forum!

p2tharizo
    ?

Quote by gaz232sqn View Post

Liked the look of it on the other forum, like it here too
    Just remember my friend, my rule is: everything is for sale-for a price. I'm kidding, but seriously, if I can get it identified, I would probably sell it, but I'd sure like to know what it was before I let it go off forever...
    Thanks for the input guys. If anyone else recognizes the insignia-don't be shy, help a brotha out!

?

You can tell it is Irish from the spots where the Irish whisky ate the paint away.

Quote by p2tharizo View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. If anyone else recognizes the insignia-don't be shy, help a brotha out!
    Hi, I guess you did not actually read my previous post? Have a look

Cheers, Ade.

?

You can tell it is Irish from the spots where the Irish whisky ate the paint away.
    That's spelt WhiskEy by the way

Yes, as Adrian says, Irish army helmet with the insignia of the Eastern Command. Painted in that old puce green colour the army seemed to like back in the fifties. The painted everything that colour vehicles, tanks aircraft even.

They were worn on occasion right into the 1980s by the army reserves of which I was a member. I worn one several times myself. Indeed I have pictures of them being worn by my buddies around 1980, which I should probaby scan onto the computer sometime. We had a lot of WW2 era equipment back then.

I'd love to get my hands on one for old times sake. I often wondered what happened to them all.

?

Glad to see you brought the helmet over here for an ID. I knew these guys could help you out.

Hi Noel, welcome to the forum!

I would love to see your old photos if you have time to scan them.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.