Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What kinda helmet have i got here ?

Article about: Hello friends.. Some days ago i´ve got myself this helmet in exchange.. It´s a Brodie Helmet, that´s clear, but where does it come from? What might be it´s age? I live in El Salvador, so it

Default What kinda helmet have i got here ?

Hello friends.. Some days ago i´ve got myself this helmet in exchange.. It´s a Brodie Helmet, that´s clear, but where does it come from? What might be it´s age? I live in El Salvador, so it must have an interesting history. There is no remaining liner, but an interesting stamp at the inner side of the rim, it says ZF 236.
    Any comments to that one??

Thanxz..
    danhashman
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What kinda helmet have i got here ?   What kinda helmet have i got here ?  

What kinda helmet have i got here ?   What kinda helmet have i got here ?  

Default Re: What kinda helmet have i got here ?

Quote by danhashman View Post
    Hello friends.. Some days ago i´ve got myself this helmet in exchange.. It´s a Brodie Helmet, that´s clear, but where does it come from? What might be it´s age? I live in El Salvador, so it must have an interesting history. There is no remaining liner, but an interesting stamp at the inner side of the rim, it says ZF 236.
    Any comments to that one??

Thanxz..
    danhashman
    Hi, it's an American made WWI era "tin hat". You can tell it is U.S. by the rivet holding the chin-strap loops. Check out my thread on Sgt. Kurth of the Reserve Mallet to see his English made Brodie helmet. As to how it got down your way? The US made thousands of these helmets and they were sold as surplus all over the world.

Muchas Gracias for your really fast answer.. And very conclusive, too.
    Any idea about what the codes stand for? is there any more interesting stuff to know about this helmet?

Quote by danhashman View Post
    Muchas Gracias for your really fast answer.. And very conclusive, too.
    Any idea about what the codes stand for? is there any more interesting stuff to know about this helmet?
    USA 1917

hello amigo, look at this for more info on the M1917 and it's also in Spanish language

http://www.cascoscoleccion.com/portada.htm

hello amigo, look at this for more info on the M1917 and it's also in Spanish language

PORTADA[/QUOTE]

Cool man, thanx, i´ll read it in spanish & english, to be sure that i´ll miss nothing !!!

hi there if im not mistaken i think it might be a kelly helmet that was issued after ww1 and the early parts of ww2 i have one just like it and the bail for the chin strap looks identical to a kelly's helmet one. - nick k