Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

What is this?! MK. II? Kelly?

Article about: Hello- Could someone please tell me what exactly I've got here? I always assumed it to be a Kelly Helmet but I'm having my doubts. I cannot find this type of chinstrap anywhere. The liner lo

joepolig
    ?

Default What is this?! MK. II? Kelly?

Hello-
    Could someone please tell me what exactly I've got here? I always assumed it to be a Kelly Helmet but I'm having my doubts. I cannot find this type of chinstrap anywhere. The liner looks similar to a Mk II and bears the number 58. Along the inner brim is a serial number. What prompted this post was the discovery of a sort of seal or stamp type thing on the inside of the actual helmet. It is very faded and all I can make out of it is the letters "EKEU" and maybe a D. I bought it when I was a kid at WWII Weekend in Reading, PA. Could anyone venture a guess as to what I've got? I can certainly add more photos if needed. FWIW, this is my first post!
    Thank you! -JP

What is this?! MK. II? Kelly?What is this?! MK. II? Kelly?What is this?! MK. II? Kelly?What is this?! MK. II? Kelly?What is this?! MK. II? Kelly?What is this?! MK. II? Kelly?What is this?! MK. II? Kelly?What is this?! MK. II? Kelly?What is this?! MK. II? Kelly?What is this?! MK. II? Kelly?What is this?! MK. II? Kelly? What is this?! MK. II? Kelly?What is this?! MK. II? Kelly?What is this?! MK. II? Kelly?What is this?! MK. II? Kelly?What is this?! MK. II? Kelly?What is this?! MK. II? Kelly?What is this?! MK. II? Kelly?What is this?! MK. II? Kelly?

Post war Dutch MKII clone the VB55 is the maker and 1955 and 12slo is the steel batch number.

good call steelhead jp the m1 clones also have this rim stamping ,crikey and i thought i was up early

Quote by James C View Post
    good call steelhead jp the m1 clones also have this rim stamping ,crikey and i thought i was up early
    Oh its Matt my signiture seems to have ran off somewhere (that also seems to include the edit signature button in settings.)

ive just noticed the chinstrap and terminations/etc are also identical to the m1 clone (m53)

sorry jp just re-read your post ,welcome to the forum friend

Welcome to the forum I hope you like it here.