Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?

Article about: Hi All, This helmet was amongst a number I received this week. I think it is a WW1 shell, that has been fitted with a later American liner. The soldiers details are written on the liner, and

Default WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?

Hi All,

This helmet was amongst a number I received this week. I think it is a WW1 shell, that has been fitted with a later American liner. The soldiers details are written on the liner, and he was based in Fort Jackson. The number stamped on the helmet is faint, but I believe it is HS 142. I was wondering how a British WW1 shell could end up fitted with an American liner, and when this might have occurred?

Many Thanks

Paul
    WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?

Here is another of the same type on ebay Paul.

US WWII 1917 A1 KELLY HELMET SHELL WAS WWI BRITISH HELMET FLAMING BOMB STAMP | eBay

Early USA army helmet as used in the Philippines and pearl harbor in 1941. This one was made from a WW1 British production helmet shell.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?   WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?  

WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?   WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by paulhermitage View Post
    Hi All,

This helmet was amongst a number I received this week. I think it is a WW1 shell, that has been fitted with a later American liner. The soldiers details are written on the liner, and he was based in Fort Jackson. The number stamped on the helmet is faint, but I believe it is HS 142. I was wondering how a British WW1 shell could end up fitted with an American liner, and when this might have occurred?

Many Thanks

Paul
    WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?WW1 British Brodie shell with a USA liner?
    Some British Brodie helmets were sent over to America before they started making there own M1917
    doughboy helmet, so you will possibly find many of these British shells as M1917A's and by the way thats a nice example .

Dear all, many thanks for the positive ID and history on this! Kindest Regards Paul