Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 M26 Adrian helmet with dark over paint.

Article about: Some photos of my French WW1 M26 Adrian Helmet with the flaming bomb badge and dark later war over paint. Traces of the original Horizon Blue can be seen in areas where the dark over paint h

Default WW1 M26 Adrian helmet with dark over paint.

(Post edited - incorrect model listed in text and title - unable to edit post title. My apolgies for any confusion).

Some photos of my French WW1 M15 Adrian Helmet with the flaming bomb badge and dark later war over
    paint. Traces of the original Horizon Blue can be seen in areas where the dark over
    paint has worn away.

Also a couple of photos of another M15 Adrian with an artillery badge and the remnants of the original blue that appears to have been scrubbed from a previous colour – most likely a dark blue as remnants can be seen on two of the comb pin heads. I was given this helmet so it owes me nothing though it’s a shame that someone had to go and mess with it.

As others have mentioned, these helmets (especially in vibrant Horizon Blue) are getting harder to find. I think that these particular helmets are very nice and will only become more scarce and desirable as they find their way into collections.

WW1 M26 Adrian helmet with dark over paint.WW1 M26 Adrian helmet with dark over paint.WW1 M26 Adrian helmet with dark over paint.WW1 M26 Adrian helmet with dark over paint.WW1 M26 Adrian helmet with dark over paint.WW1 M26 Adrian helmet with dark over paint.WW1 M26 Adrian helmet with dark over paint.WW1 M26 Adrian helmet with dark over paint.WW1 M26 Adrian helmet with dark over paint.

And the second M15

WW1 M26 Adrian helmet with dark over paint.WW1 M26 Adrian helmet with dark over paint.WW1 M26 Adrian helmet with dark over paint.WW1 M26 Adrian helmet with dark over paint.
    Last edited by AndyM35; 01-05-2019 at 12:29 PM.

love them both. Few of these for sale at SOS show. I may look for a blue one while I am there.
    Thanks for showing
    D.

Sorry but if they are m26's how can they be WWI? I thought the WWI version is the M15.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

They are both M15 helmets... The infantry helmet has the 2nd pattern liner, and the artillery the 1st pattern. Both are very nice examples. The chinstraps rarely survive intact.

Sorry, meant to write M15’s was reading about M26’s while having huge difficulties posting the images as they were all upside down! Anyway, all good now.

My bad Jerry B, had a head full of M26’s while trying post upside down images with small frightened dogs trying to clamber all over me during a huge storm!

- - ------- - -

Thank you David.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Sorry, meant to write M15’s was reading about M26’s while having huge difficulties posting the images as they were all upside down! Anyway, all good now.
    Its OK, your mistake in putting M26 made my post look as though I know what I'm on about!

Quote by harry the mole View Post
    its ok, your mistake in putting m26 made my post look as though i know what i'm on about!
    lol
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Now you’re just being self deprecating Steve but I do enjoy your sense of humour