Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 painted US lid

Article about: My neighbor gave me his fathers WW1 helmet today. I had to promise not to stick it in a closet. His father enlisted on July 10, 1917 at age 17.His battles & Engagments: Hindenburg line,

?

Default WW1 painted US lid

My neighbor gave me his fathers WW1 helmet today. I had to promise not to stick it in a closet. His father enlisted on July 10, 1917 at age 17.His battles & Engagments: Hindenburg line, Le Selle River,Guillamont Farm,Dickebrusche. Wounds recieved : gun shot wound to left arm. awarded purple hart. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 painted US lid   WW1 painted US lid  

WW1 painted US lid   WW1 painted US lid  

Default Re: WW1 painted US lid

Very nice 27th Div...(O'Ryan/Orion Div.) I am sure you will display it with pride.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Hi Steve yes I will . This is my second 27th helmet but this one has a name behind it. Gary

?

Very nice! Does your neighbor have a photo of his father during the war? Even a copy would really enhance the helmet display.

?

He said he had some at one time but cant find them at this time. But when he does he said I could make copies Gary

?

Very nice New York Division lid and it even has provenance. You certainly can't ask for more than that unless you got it for free, which is what it sounds like you did! Congrats!

?

Yes I did my neighbor made me promise that I would not stick it in a closet.