Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 British Brodie Helmet With Civil Defense Messanger Decal/Warden Decal

Article about: I bought this brodie helmet awhile ago and it interested me because of the decals, i have never seen one with a civil defense messanger decal on a helmet though,somebody has writen "Ken

Default WW2 British Brodie Helmet With Civil Defense Messanger Decal/Warden Decal

I bought this brodie helmet awhile ago and it interested me because of the decals, i have never seen one with a civil defense messanger decal on a helmet though,somebody has writen "Ken Underwood,1944,Waterloo Rd.,Victoria B.C." and "Ken Underwood is written again on the a different side of the helmet. The liner is dated 1942, and the helmet is dated 1941, i was wondering how rare the civil defense messenger decal is and how much this would cost? Thanks, Travis
    WW2 British Brodie Helmet With Civil Defense Messanger Decal/Warden DecalWW2 British Brodie Helmet With Civil Defense Messanger Decal/Warden DecalWW2 British Brodie Helmet With Civil Defense Messanger Decal/Warden DecalWW2 British Brodie Helmet With Civil Defense Messanger Decal/Warden DecalWW2 British Brodie Helmet With Civil Defense Messanger Decal/Warden Decal

ah, these sideways variants used by folk when they were laying down are really quite rare....the flat ones are ten-a-penny (sorry, couldnt resist)

These badges crop up on post war US Civil Defence helmets a fair bit....I'm not up on Canadian-used helmets so I cant help really other than suggest you dig some out on Ebay (if there are any) and watch them....that'll give you a pretty good idea of market price. The UK market for Home Fronters is quite bouyant but that's different I guess. Don't fret, a helpful Canuck will come along shortly....they always do......

Don't worry about these guys on the side ways pictures, I have the same issue!!!

'bloody Canucks...you can wait hours before one comes along........

?

I am not sure how much an American civil defense is but I am in the process of buying a Canadian civil defense from about a km from the address on your helmet. It is a black rescue marked with 3/4 of the Canadian decal still there for $85 CND. Which I find to be a good price.

?

Quote by M.E.E. View Post
    I am not sure how much an American civil defense is but I am in the process of buying a Canadian civil defense from about a km from the address on your helmet. It is a black rescue marked with 3/4 of the Canadian decal still there for $85 CND. Which I find to be a good price.
    I generally go by the rule of thumb that a piece is worth how ever much you are willing to pay for it.
    If you find it a good price then its worth it.

?

I really like pickelhaubes, they are very unique.
    Edit: Oops sorry meant to put this in a different thread, I must have accidentally went onto another tab that had this thread open and posted the reply with out having realized that I had went to another thread.
    Last edited by Ethan; 09-01-2018 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Mistake, sorry

Seems to have survived remarkably well. Possibly on the top shelf of Ken's wardrobe for most of it's life.