Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 British Dispatch Riders Helmet

Article about: I picked up this British Dispatch riders helmet awhile ago, the liner isn't like the ones i've seen online, it's more like a Paratroopers Helmet liner, any info on this would be greatly appr

Default WW2 British Dispatch Riders Helmet

I picked up this British Dispatch riders helmet awhile ago, the liner isn't like the ones i've seen online, it's more like a Paratroopers Helmet liner, any info on this would be greatly appreciated!
    WW2 British Dispatch Riders HelmetWW2 British Dispatch Riders HelmetWW2 British Dispatch Riders Helmet

SMP
    ?

I believe it may be a WW2 British DR helmet that has been used in the 50s by the Canadian Mobile Strike Force (MSF) . During this time they converted lots of DR helmets to para helmets by turning the liners backwards and fitting para straps. This looks similar

With the soaring price of para helmets, what's the likelihood of someone modifying a DR helmet to a para helmet to sell as such?

'never heard of that lot Steve....thank you....usually Para'd-up DR lids are only found for one reason....'looks like there's an OFFICIAL one too now.......'always learnin'

Lucky i got a good price on it even for a DR helmet spent 150 on it not a bad deal in my opinion

Huh, learn something new every day,so basically this is just a WW2 DR helmet reconfigured for para troopers?

SMP
    ?

As stated , it MIGHT be a MSF conversion, however it could also be a home-made para helmet made for re-enacting or simply to fool a potential buyer.

Below is the usual MSF conversion. Note the use of Canadian DR helmet and post-war Canadian made leather straps . These were a stop-gap solution during a time of rapid expansion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 British Dispatch Riders Helmet   WW2 British Dispatch Riders Helmet  

WW2 British Dispatch Riders Helmet  

From what i've looked at I think you are right about it being a MSF conversion

Certainly regular a DR liner minus the leather neck protector here's mine to compare with