Become our sponsor and display your banner here

WW2 British Para lid, Aussie conversion

Article about: Hi Everyone, Well I have started to collect some allied helmets in recent times and just though I would post some recent purchases of late. This one I am quite pleased with, as its in great

Default WW2 British Para lid, Aussie conversion

Hi Everyone,

Well I have started to collect some allied helmets in recent times and just though I would post some recent purchases of late. This one I am quite pleased with, as its in great shape. I believe is at Mk2 Shell that has been converted for Mk3 webb straps(Us Aussie did it?) which are missing (Any help in this area would be great )

Anyways at some point is been repainted a dark green finish, with the original light green on the inside. The texture is still in great shape , with the leather and foam in nice shape as well.

Hopefully was a good find! This one wont be put on my store for sale, going straight to the private collection

WW2 British Para lid, Aussie conversionWW2 British Para lid, Aussie conversionWW2 British Para lid, Aussie conversionWW2 British Para lid, Aussie conversionWW2 British Para lid, Aussie conversionWW2 British Para lid, Aussie conversionWW2 British Para lid, Aussie conversion

?

Default Re: WW2 British Para lid, Aussie conversion

Most of the Aussie conversions that you see are normally the fibre rims, so it makes a change to see this one
    By the way the fibre rim which came out in 1942 & your one which came out in 43 are both called the MkI, a bit confusing I know, as the webbing chin strap one which came out in 43 & 44 are called the MkII.
    You can still find the webbing chin straps on US/UK ebay.
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 British Para lid, Aussie conversion   WW2 British Para lid, Aussie conversion  

WW2 British Para lid, Aussie conversion   WW2 British Para lid, Aussie conversion